Thursday, September 22, 2005

The furniture bug


I found my dream bed yesterday. It's a beautiful sleigh bed that you can see the grains of the solid walnut. It looks like a sturdy antique- but it's not. It's just beautiful. And on sale, although it's $900 on sale. Then the gorgeous dresser is another $900, and to get two nightstands is another $900. I started to try to rationalize the purchase of this bed by the simple fact that the only piece of new furniture that I've bought myself is my couch/ottoman. My bed is the same bed I've been sleeping in since I was 15. My dining room set I got from my mom's friend's garage sale, my side table was a broken antique that I picked up off the side of the road on Queen City and put it back together and refinished it myself. I deserve new furniture. It's just a matter of affording it! my search continues!

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Beeson said...

I too have the furniture bug!

I like the bed you've picked out, but you need to look at the group-priced bedroom sets. Nine hundred bucks for individual pieces (especially the night stands) is a bit high.

The bed sounds about right. What company is it from?

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home