Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Taking a Blind Leap

I'm not sure when it happened, when my mind changed about Mr. Goatee. Maybe it was when he made me spaghetti and garlic bread last-minute when I showed up at his door in tears after an argument with my sister. Maybe it was while we were sitting on the couch watching episode after episode of "Coupling" on DVD and laughing our heads off at all the same places. Perhaps it was that moment when I caught a glimpse of him playing with my dog in the front yard and letting her lick his face. Or maybe it was how he spent hours cleaning my disgusting bathroom and bedroom, how he folded my clothes and bought me a new hamper, all while I was out of town. Most likely, it's a combination of those things. He is there for me. We laugh together. His corny little jokes have gotten better- or maybe its just that I find them more funny now. His adoration is less annoying and more indearing.

I changed my mind and took a blind leap. After three months of telling myself that I just want to be single and dating him "casually", I discovered that I don't want to not be around him. On Sunday, after three days (yes, I'm pathetic. It was only three days.) apart from him, I decided that I wanted a relationship with him. He asked me. I said yes. We are exclusive.

Ok, ok, so I probably still "need" to be single, because I haven't been single for an extended period of time during my entire adult life. But, we are taking this slow. I've been burned, so has he. But what we both know now is that we don't want to continue alone. I want him in my life, and I'm going with this as long as it feel right, blindfold and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home