Saturday, August 06, 2005

Meeting his parents

Ok, so this morning I've gone through three pairs of pants, three shirts, two pairs of shoes got my hair done, painted my nails and went to the tanning bed. The last three were more out of necessity... my bestfriend's wedding is in exactly one week and I had horrible roots and was white as a ghost. But, the whole clothes and shoes thing is purely out of nervousness. You see, I have to meet Mr. Goatee's parents. Really, I'm excited to meet them. But, at the same time, I feel a little sick. This is the first time in my adult life that I've met the parents of a guy I'm dating.

The last time I met a guy's parents, it was those of the guy I date for six years. We were 17, and you can't help but meet them right away because he lived in the same house as they did. Fast forward seven years, and all the sudden everything is completely different.

Will they like me? Should I act a certain way or just be myself? What if they don't like me? It's not that it should matter all that much, because Mr. Goatee and I aren't that serious, but this is a huge first for me. We'll see how it goes! Wish me luck.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, I decided on a pair of white pants, and black and white striped shirt, chunky white necklace, black flip flop heels and sunglasses. classic but summery. Only problem is, I look like a lobster from the tanning bed. Oh well, maybe they can overlook that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home