Monday, August 22, 2005

A difficult goodbye

I found out the other day that my ex-boyfriend, the guy who I was with for six years, is moving to Texas for a job. I was so happy for him at first. Finally, seven months after we graduated, he has found something. He deserves it so much. But then, I call him to congratulate him. He tells me a lot of hurtful things. He tells me that he is inspired by his angst towards me and is more productive when he has a goal- from losing weight to getting a job- so that he can one day prove to me that i made a mistake. He tells me that I will never find anyone who will love me as much as he did. And part of me wonders if he was right. I have a lot of regrets about my relationship with Mr. six years, mostly dealing with how I was to him when I ended things. That, and I will always miss him as a friend.. he was, after all, my bestfriend for so many years. We grew up together, loved hard, fought hard, and it ended up not working in the end. He told me yesterday that his moving to Dallas has a lot to do with me.. so that he can get away from alabama and our memories here. So he can move on and forget the hurtful past year. And I know what he means, as much as it hurts me. I've had it relatively easy, and I hate that for him. I want the best for him, and I know that God has great plans for him. I know that, however horrible the breakup was, that we aren't right for each other. Still, when I think about all of our memories together, it still hurts.. one year later.. that I gave all that up, that I gave up my friendship with him, in return for a questionable future with a person I hope is perfect for me. Like I told him yesterday, there is someone out there who is more perfect for him than I ever was, and once he meets her he will realize God's reason behind all this. For his sake, I hope it happens soon. He deserves the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home