Sunday, January 24, 2010

First comes love, then comes marriage..

It's been almost four years since I posted last. Four years. Wow.

It is interesting to me to read all my previous posts and chuckle about how I thought I was so grown up and independent. How I thought I was an adult (I was, but I was not yet finished growing up. I guess you never really are.) That phase of my life was such a tulmultuous one - my last year in grad school, my first year in my first real job, my first time being out and "on my own". And then I met Mr. Goatee - now my husband, my partner, the father of my child. Only I never knew it at the time. Funny how God works in miraculous ways.

Yep, that's right folks, the idealist dreamer is now a parent. Funny how life changes.

I know people will tell you that being a parent is the best thing that could ever happen to them in life. It is. But it's also the hardest, and the best thing I've ever done.

It's amazing to watch how this little baby that I gave birth to is flowering into her own person, even at only nine months old. She looks a lot like me as baby. She has my (natural) dark hair, the shape of my face and the shape of her eyes. But she has her daddy's mouth and dimpled chin, and his fingers and toes.

Little Miss K is like me in other ways, though. Ways I didn't expect. She is the most independent child I have ever known. I didn't think that babies could act that way so early. But she wants to do everything on her own and apparently was born with hardcore determination. Nothing - and I mean nothing - is going to get in her way if there is something she wants. Haha. I guess she is my child after all.

I am going to make another attempt to keep up this blog. Not for everyone else out there in this blog-o-sphere universe but for myself. I feel like I have evolved so much in the last four years. And yet looking back over my previous posts, I've missed an opportunity to document that for my own behalf.

My life has changed. I'm a different person. Again.

So here is to the future. It won't be perfect. Things won't always be great. But I will live it the best way I can.

I'll give the quick rundown over the last four years, only this time in pictures.

First, came love: (2005:)




Then marriage (2006):



Then came a baby in the baby.. you know the rest of the rhyme. (2008):



(2009):


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home