Monday, October 24, 2005

the groupie girlfriend

I was standing in front of a stage this weekend, listening to a band playing at a bar when I had one of the strangest experiences. I was standing there, listening to the band, shyly moving with the beat, and standing in awe. There was a sea of people around me who were clapping and dancing and singing word-for-word the lyrics of the songs.. songs that i had never heard before. What was strange though, was the feeling that I got from watching my boyfriend, Mr. Goatee, playing lead guitar. Girls were dancing in front of the stage, going crazy over the band. (It didn't help that the lead singer, Goatee's bestfriend, was hot.) They were singing every word along with him.. words that he wrote, a song that he created. I stood there in awe, staring at him. He was awesome. And I couldn't believe that he's mine. I couldn't believe that this guy who was rocking his heart out in a band reunion concert was the same guy who goes to work everyday wearing a tie, the same guy who rubs my back when I have cramps, surprises me with flowers at work and takes my dog out in the middle of the night so I can sleep. There were girls going nuts over his band.. his songs.. but this was the first time I had heard him play electric, the first time I had heard him in public. I was used to private concerts.. him playing his acoustic to lull me to sleep. It was a very different side to him, Saturday. But I loved every bit of it. Because despite the huge crowds, despite all the pretty college girls standing in front of the stage, Mr. Goatee was starring at only one. me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home