Thursday, December 01, 2005

Back on the bandwagon


I'm back on the bandwagon.. the weight watcher's bandwagon, that is. This is my third try. First time was in 2002, when I went for about four months and didn't lose any weight. I was also at my highest weight ever, which is only abotu 10 pounds more than I weigh now. Hence, why I am trying to lose weight again.

My second try was the most successful. I joined in May 2004, was a faithful member for six months and lost 25 pounds. I have never felt so great in my entire life, and people started to notice. I loved being a size 8, and I want to get back to that. But, by October 2004, my life was a little hectic. I was spending my weekends either in Columbus with the pilot or at Alabama football games, and stopped going to the weekly saturday meeting. It took a year, but I've gained back 20.5 pounds of the weight I lost. I REFUSE to let myself get back to my original weight.

And so, I walked into a weight watcher's meeting again today. I didn't want to go back to the same facility as before because I was afraid they would recognize me and I'd feel a little like a failure. Plus, 4 or 5 of Mr. Goatee's co-workers all go to a WW meeting on campus, so I figured I'd have more moral support if I went with people I actually know. So I went. And spend $123 on fees to ensure that I will have now paid for 10 weeks of meetings. I have no excuse not to go to the meetings, because I've already paid for them. Thus, from now until at least sometime in February, Thursday postings will be my weight watcher posting. My goal is to get to 150, since 147 is the lowest WW will allow me to get because i'm 6'0. So, the healthiest way to lose weight is to lose 2 lb. a week. If I do that for 10 weeks, that 20 pounds, putting me at my lowest adult weight... the weight I was when I felt good, felt healthy, and felt thin. We'll see how it goes! I'll keep you updated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home